Eternity Funeral Service (Singapore) provides a full Soka funeral service true to the principles that lie at the heart of the Japanese religion.
We realise that over-elaborate rituals have no place in a Soka funeral, and our authentic Soka funeral service and packages focus on simplicity and serenity in:
- Emphasising the importance of the departed achieving enlightenment.
- Supporting family and friends as they share their grief.
3-day Standard HDB void deck Soka funeral package
We only have 1 standard, complete package. We advocate transparency – we do not practise omitting key items so as to make the package appear cheap.
If you wish to extend the duration of the wake or upgrade certain items, like hearse or coffin, you can view the optional upgrades by clicking “Upgrade Available”.
Note: Pricing for wake held at a funeral parlour or landed residential property differs because tentage configuration and setup vary. Contact us for cost estimate.
Standard Christian funeral package includes
- Booking of cremation slot at Mandai Crematorium
- Professional embalming, dressing, cosmetising, and casketing of deceased
- Collection of deceased from hospital, hospice, or house
- Transportation of deceased to our secured site for cleaning
- Transportation of casketed deceased to HDB void deck where wake is to be held (Note: We’ll advise you on the procedure for HDB void deck booking.)
- Full professional service team, including pallbearer team, on day of funeral
- Collection of deceased’s ashes from crematorium
- On-site supervision and coordination services led by funeral consultant throughout the funeral
- Model: Basic diamond-shaped (Upgrade Available)
- 16 feet x 16 feet enclosure with canvas on 4 sides – 1 set
- Square tables – 15 units
- Round tables – 10 units
- Chairs – 100 units
- Electrical fans – 6 units
- Electrical lighting – 1 set
- Mobile toilet – 1 unit
- Refrigerator – 1 unit
- Sound system – 1 set
FUNERAL/MEMORIAL HALL SETUP
- Curtains and carpet at funeral/memorial hall – 1 set
- Standard decorations – 1 set
- Manpower to assist in Soka ceremonial items setup
- Floral photo frame – 1 unit
- Decorative flowers for deceased’s altar – 1 set
PHOTOS & PHOTO FRAME
- 10 inches x 12 inches enlarged photo with wooden frame – 1 set
- Passport-sized photos – 6 pieces
MEMORIAL STATION SETUP
- Condolence book
REFRESHMENTS & SUPPLIES
- Mineral water – 5 cartons
- Packet drinks – 5 cartons
- Snacks, including peanuts and sweets
- Supplies, including red packets, toilet rolls, and plastic bags
- Standard glass hearse (1-way) (Upgrade Available)
- 45-seater air-con bus (round-trip) – 1 unit
- Wake extension – S$500 per day
- Food catering service
- Additional refreshments and supplies
- Casket spray
- Photography and videography service
Premium packages are also available. Prices range S$6,288 – S$8,888. Contact us to find out more.
Standard Items Included
Eternity Funeral Service will treat your loved one with utmost respect. We'll ensure the experience you and your family have with us is truly pleasant.
Why choose Eternity’s Soka funeral service
Bereaved Soka families in Singapore turn to Eternity Funeral Service because of our understanding of the religion and its views on life and death.
This enables us to treat the departed with the respect and dignity they deserve, in complete accordance with the Soka beliefs they followed in life.
Other reasons families choose the Eternity Soka funeral service include:
- Experience and expertise in Soka funerals.
- Compassionate, trustworthy funeral services.
- Affordability – without compromising the dignified service your loved one deserves.
Complete Soka funeral packages – including organisation of wakes, hearse, and funeral cortege for mourners.
Full Soka funeral service
Our comprehensive Soka funeral service is competitively priced. We keep all the organisation in-house, which avoids the extra cost of middle men. It also facilitates a streamlined, one-stop Soka funeral resource.
Other benefits of our Soka funeral service are packages that include:
- Funeral planning and coordination.
- Funeral supplies such as quality urns or caskets.
- Arranging post-funeral memorial gatherings – seldom available from other funeral services.
We can also offer advice to the family friend Soka Gakkai lay leader you’ve chosen to lead recital of the Lotus Sutra and chanting of the Daimoku.
Organising the flawless Soka funeral
Loss of a loved one is always heart wrenching, and the grieving process takes time.
Soka families may face particular challenges immediately following a bereavement. This is mainly because the religion is relatively new – still regarded as a lay movement until the late 1990s.
Specific problems may include lack of understanding among others – including some funeral directors – about Soka beliefs on death and mourning.
Overcoming the challenges
Eternity fully understands that Soka centres its teachings on helping followers to lead fulfilling lives, with less emphasis on death and the elaborate rituals that surround it in other religions.
Soka families find that our in-depth knowledge of their beliefs gives them peace of mind that their departed loved one is being treated with respect and dignity in full accordance with Soka principles.
For instance, our Soka funerals typically have a simpler, more modern setting than those of other religions and reflect the deceased’s dedication to Nichiren, the 13th century Buddhist priest whose teachings led to the foundation of Soka.
Easing the burden of grief
The sympathetic approach of our Soka funeral specialists helps to ease some of the burden of grief on family as we shoulder the weight of the entire organisation of the funeral and related services such as:
- Embalming, dressing, and cosmetics.
- Cremation at Mandai Crematorium.
- Columbarium placement of cremated remains – including services at the Singapore Soka Association An-Le Memorial Hall.
Although cremation is the standard in Singapore, we can also organise burials at Choa Chu Kang Cemetery.
Feel free to contact us if you need advice on Soka funerals – there’s no charge and no strings attached.